Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wrong Entry???

Today was Round Four. For those new to this blog, my husband, Bobby has Large B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and today was his fourth chemo.
Two left.
As he says, "the snowball has been pushed up the hill and is now going down the other side."
Not a bad analogy especially with all the snow we have been getting here in TN lately. :)

Last night I decided to get my journal out and write down some of the scriptures that have been the most comforting and sustaining and helpful during this four month journey. (Now don't picture one of those fancy, neatly written journals that have daily or even weekly entries. My journal is soooo sporadic. I may write a few days in a row and then not have an entry for a month or two or even a year)
I wanted to have all of the scriptures written together in one place so that I could go to them at anytime easily and quickly. Some of these passages were sent to us by family or friends on e-mail or card or facebook and some were scriptures that I found while studying or reading on my own. Nevertheless, God has used His word to speak peace and comfort to me, to us.

Here are two I wrote in my journal last night.

Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:13 " For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand who says to you Do not fear, I will help you.

Bobby and I got up fairly early this morning in order to leave the house by 5:50. Bobby's mom was going with us this morning and so we wanted to go a few minutes early to swing by and pick her up, but before we left we prayed and read from our devotional book.

We read from our devotional book that has been so comforting and helpful during our journey. It was first loaned to me by my friend Tracy and then I finally ordered a copy for us. I've mentioned and quoted from this same book in an earlier blog. The book is entitled Jesus Calling and is by Sarah Young.

Early this morning as I opened our Jesus Calling devotional book and read today's entry it said,
" I AM WITH YOU. These four words are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair. Because you are human, you will always have ups and downs in your life experience. But the promise of My presence limits how far down you can go. Sometimes you may feel as if you are in a free fall, when people or things you had counted on let you down. Yet as soon as you remember that I am with you, your perspective changes radically. Instead of bemoaning your circumstances, you can look to Me for help. You recall that not only am I with you, I am holding you by your right hand."

One of the main truths, if not the main truth that has been such a comfort to me and given me the greatest peace is the truth that God is with me, with us. We are not alone. There it was in black and white again this morning. It was even in all capital letters. "I AM WITH YOU."
Once again, we were comforted. And then to continue reading and there it was, " I am holding you by your right hand or with My righteous right hand." The same phrase that was used in the scriptures I had written in my journal last night. God is so good.

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now for the rest of the story."

Just about 2 minutes ago. Seriously, as I was about to type the above paragraph I discovered something. This morning I opened our devotional book to the place our ribbon book mark was and I read the date at the top out loud to Bobby and myself that said, "February 18th."

Just as I was typing the above paragraph I realized today is NOT the 18th, it is the 17th. I just discovered like two minutes ago that I read the wrong entry. If I had read the right entry for today I would have read the 17th.

The entry for the 17th, today started out, " I am the risen One who shines upon you always. You worship a living Deity, not some idolatrous, man-made image. Your relationship with Me is meant to be vibrant and challenging."

Nothing wrong with that entry, but not quite what we needed this morning.

Oh, my goodness!!!!!

I read the wrong entry today. Today's entry was Feb. 17th, not the 18th. I should have read the other entry.

I read the WRONG ENTRY, I read the wrong entry, I read the WRONG entry OR DID I?

No comments:

Post a Comment