Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trust

Today was Round Three as I call it. We left out about 6:15 or so for Bobby's third chemo. On the drive out on 412 the sky to the east was just so pretty. Bobby drives up on chemo day and I drive back, we actually got in a little "debate" on the way up about that because I said that three weeks ago when we went up for his second treatment that I drove up and back and he said NO, he drove up and I said No, I could prove it and I went on like "Perry Mason" (I know, it dates me) presenting my case. I was so SURE that I was RIGHT.
Of course, the prosecution got his chance to present his case and unlike "Perry Mason" I did not win.
As we continued our ride we started around the by-pass in Columbia for those familiar with the area.
As all married couples do, I suppose, we ride in silence some and talk some. We brought along a little devotional book entitled, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young that my friend, Tracy loaned us as we travel this journey and so I opened it and read the entry for today, Jan. 27th.

It reads as if Jesus is speaking, "Trust is a golden pathway to heaven. When you walk on this path, you live above your circumstances. My glorious Light shines more brightly on those who follow this path of life. Dare to walk on the high road with Me, for it is the most direct route to heaven. The low road is circuitous: twisting and turning in agonizing knots. There the air hangs heavy, and dark, ominous clouds predominate. Relying on your own understanding will weigh you down. Trust Me absolutely and I will make your path straight."

After reading we began a short discussion of "how do we know that we are actually trusting God in all of this." Bobby said he knew because God is Who he has turned to, Who he has run to and I said that I knew that I was trusting God, because the peace I have and the "okayness" that I have right now and all through this is not natural for me. We both talked about the peace that God has given us. Peace is priceless. I think I have written in another blog about the peace of God being so precious and an actual reality. I am most thankful!

The scripture that has been our main stay that I have written before, but it never hurts to write again is, Philippians 4:6-7 "be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and petition with thanksgiving make your requests known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

That peace was with us in the doctor's office today. That peace was with us in the chemo room today. That peace was with us at the Cheesecake Factory afterwards. Peace was with us on the drive home, and peace will be with us later this evening even if Bobby doesn't feel great. Peace is with us because Jesus is with us.

Learning and growing in peace. Shalom

2 comments:

  1. Sue, you are SO right about God's peace -- it's hard to describe it in words. But then, that's why His Word calls it "the peace that surpasses all comprehension"! Continuing to pray for you & Bobby, especially on chemo days. Hang in there! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good day~ Praying that God's peace will continue to guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Just happened to have my amplified version of the Bible out and this is how Philippians 4:6-7 reads...."Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition (definite requests) with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace (be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace) which transcends all understanding, shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Wow! Love you both, Tracy

    ReplyDelete